Many of you know that I am part of an incredible group of wine writers that come together monthly to explore wine and food pairings from France. The third Saturday of every month is solely dedicated to exploring a wine region of France. This month we celebrate Northern Rhône. You are invited to join #winophiles on our Northern Rhone exploration on April 18th.
I am excited to host my very first #winophiles month, where we will be exploring my favorite region, Northern Rhône. Northern Rhône has been growing wine since Roman times and is home to some of the best wines in the world. The region is the epicenter for the red grape variety Syrah, and a region where some of the finest whites wines are produced. The most renowned Syrahs come from Côte Rôtie and Hermitage but is also home to aromatic white wines such as Condrieu. There are 8 crus in Northern Rhône, so be sure to explore and pick your favorite, or try a cru that you would love to explore.
- Send me an email letting me know you are interested: Include blog URL, Twitter handle, and any other social media details. If you know your blog post title, include that…but you can also send that a bit closer to the event. We’d just like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shout-outs and links as we go. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find a Northern Rhône Wine and cook up your favorite food pairing, and prepare your article. But don’t post just yet.
- Send your article title to me by Tuesday, 14th April to be included in the preview post. I will prepare a preview post with links to everyone’s website shortly after I get titles. Your title should include “#Winophiles” or you can simply append the hashtag to the end of your title.
- Publish your post between Friday 17th April and 8:00 a.m. EST on Saturday, 18th April. I cannot wait to read all your posts.
- Include links to the other #Winophiles participants in your post and a description of what the event is about. Before Friday I’ll provide the HTML code that you can add to your initial post so that your post includes links to participating Winophiles.
- I will provide a list of questions to guide our discussion on Saturday. Be sure to just us all on a twitter chat to discuss the wines, the region, and your pairings. Join us 11 am Eastern Standard Time on Twitter, using our hashtag #winophiles
- Once all the posts are live, I’ll send the updated HTML list so you can update the permanent links to everyone’s #Winophiles posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow writer’s posts’ to comment and share. We’ve also got a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share.
- Sponsored posts are OK if disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.
We look forward to reading all your posts on Northern Rhône on April 18th.